Thursday, December 24, 2009

Holiday Miracles Do Happen!

Happy Holidays!

I got an unexpected X-mas gift this year. This afternoon our real estate agent called to let my hubby and I know that the bank had finally decided to accept our offer on the '50s custom built atomic ranch house described in the listing as an "Eichler imitation." After a month of intense negotiations that had left me feeling more than a little discouraged, we get to celebrate Christmas eve along with the purchase of our first home.

The last 6 months have been tough going and buying a short sale home proved to be a complicated process. But I think the wait and research we did was well worth the effort and really paid off in the end.

Now comes the house inspections, moving process and if all goes well settling into our new home some 40 miles away from our current one bedroom apartment that we've lived in for the past 12 years. I'm excited about moving to the beautiful Napa Valley and I look forward to experiencing all that the Valley has to offer. I know next to nothing about wine except that I like mine red but I suspect that I'll enjoy learning about Napa's number one export.

Happy Holidays everyone! I hope you all get to experience a miracle of your own this X-mas season.

Napa Here I Come!

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Kimberly! What a lovely home and area. Hoping for smooth sailing from here :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my God you are so lucky! I'd LOVE to have that house! Congratulations Kimberly, and what a great holiday present to get. I can hardly wait to see pics of the new place once you're settled in (I know, that's a long way off though).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the well wishes, Gretchen & Greg!

    I really like the house and the location in Napa is super so I do feel rather lucky. A whole lot of blood, sweat and tears are going into the purchase of this place and it needs a lot of work so it will take a few years to get it looking the way that I want it to. I'm looking forward to the challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love the idea of an atomic ranch house! And it looks pretty cool as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, dfordoom! The house needs a lot of work to restore it and make it as amazing as I know it can be but I'm really looking forward to owning my own "atomic" home.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo, somehow I missed this post. Congratulations!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much, Pam! we start house inspections today and hopefully we won't get ay unexpected surprises. I'm really looking forward to the move.

    ReplyDelete

 

Mid-Century Living Original Content Copyright © 2009-2012 Blog design by Kimberly Lindbergs Based on a template by Ipietoon